Friday, August 26, 2011

It Ain't That Easy

I have to admit I have been putting off this post all week.  It's the post where I have come to realize that I'm stumped for ideas.  With the other blogs I have tried to write, I get bored of the posts.  It's just a recap of my life in word form and I've already been there and done that.  I lack the motivation to write when I don't have any followers, or even page hits.  But if even I am bored with myself, surely my readers are too.

With Diesel Stomping it's been different, I have had neat and interesting things to write about. At least for a while.  I knew that I should be stocking up on posts for when nothing interesting happens, or I just don't have time to write, and need something up for the week.  The only problem being that I haven't quite figured out what to write about when Diesel and I aren't out walking.

This week has been sort of a recuperation from last weekends trip to Lansing.  Mikey and I traveled to our states capital so that he could be a judge for the Michigan Tree Climbing Competition hosted by the Arboriculture Society of Michigan.  Mikey got involved in tree climbing on a competitive level through work, and even though he has decided not to compete, the chair of the event still wanted him involved and asked him to judge/tech.  I thought it would be a great opportunity for Mikey to get out and meet a bunch of people who enjoyed climbing as much as he did, and for him to learn some new things. For me, it was simply a chance to get out of town and not just head up state. 

Friday while I was there, and Mikey was busy setting up the next days activities, I took the opportunity to stroll around the Potter Park Zoo.  It's not a very large zoo but I was impressed with is variety of animals.  While there I noticed a woman that was walking around on her own as well.  We must have arrived at about the same time as we were entering and exiting exhibits one right after the other.  When I stopped to grab a snack, there she was doing the same. So we started chatting. The next thing I know, she's invited me to walk to downtown with her along the Lansing River Walk Trail.  Why the heck not? I didn't have anything better going on, I like to walk, and she didn't look like an axe murderer.

We walked from the park, down one of the most beautiful city trails I have ever seen, to the state capital building, where we gave ourselves a tour.  Wandered back downtown, visited a few shops and walked back.  I think overall it was bout 5 miles on the trail and who knows how much else.  Plus around the zoo and up 4 stories in the capital building, I got my exercise for the day I know that.

Where was Diesel you ask? This was our first trip together where we had to leave Diesel at home.  The poor puppy was devastated.  We usually bring him everywhere and if we can't one of us is usually home with him. Or its for really short day trips.  My mom was nice enough to come over and check on him from time to time so we knew that wouldn't be an issue, but let me tell ya, he was so excited to see us when we got home Saturday night. And for all the days following, he was not going to let us get out that door without him.

So you would think that I would have more than made up for it by taking him out on walks this week. FAIL.  I have either been tired, its been way too muggy out still in the evening, or I have been away.  And today, when I woke up and Diesel was stretched out in Mikey's half of the bed, I was so very close to calling in to work and spending the day with him, but I knew I had stuff to get done. And here it is Friday evening and my chance was missed completely.  Mikey is making up for leaving him at home by taking him up state for the weekend.  I have things going on this weekend or I might have gone too.

I suppose all I really needed to do was to sit down and actually start writing.  Though I am still worried after a record number of hits to my blog last week if I can even come close.  So I pose a question to my fellow bloggers, what do you write about when you don't have anything to write about?

I am going to try and make a list of topics that are dog-walking/hometown related and see if I can just start writing once a day.  I don't have to post them I guess, but at least I can go back to them and tweak them post when I am having another one of those weeks.

Thanks again for stopping by, I appreciate all of the comments and the hits.  :)

2 comments:

  1. Write even when you don't feel like you're inspired. But when you get those moments of inspiration and can't write (like when you're in the car or something) make a note of what you wanted to write about for later. It really does help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you are right about writing even when I think I can't, that's totally what happened on that last post. And I am carrying my note book with me again, so hopefully I can start jotting down ideas.

    Thanks Kim!

    ReplyDelete